In this fifth installment of the GiReviews podcast, we have a chat with William Wayland of Powering Through. Most of you likely know him as a Strength and Conditioning coach that I have written about before in the past. William puts out so much great information for free that I really couldn't resist having him on the podcast.
In this session, William and I chat about:
- At what point should grapplers consider doing more than just going to classes
- The statement “To get better at BJJ, all you need to do is more BJJ'
- The biggest mistakes people make when doing Strength and Conditioning
- ‘Functional fitness' nearly hijacking grappling s&c
- His advice for rehabbing grappling injuries
- The most important exercises for any grappling s&c program
- Diet and supplements for bjj and s&c
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- How to Train with William Wayland
- Exercise Variations for Grapplers
- Core Training for Grapplers
- How BJJ was nearly hijacked by functional fitness
- 2 day strength plan for BJJ
- Olympic Lifts for BJJ
- Dan John, Martin Rooney, and Jim Wendler
Love me some William Wayland!
Fantastic podcast, cheers fellas! 🙂
Great podcast! Fuckaboutitis is now in my vocab, b/c it is applicable outside of the gym as well.
It’s applicable to everything 🙂