Well friends, it's about that time of the year again. Time for some good old summer BJJ training.
But I'll level with you. I'm about 6'1″ and about 200lbs. (on a good day).
I sweat. A lot. And there isn't anything more uncomfortable than training in a thick heavy gi during the summer.
With that in mind, we wanted to highlight a few of the best lightweight / summer gis that are out right now.
Top 7 Lightweight BJJ Gis for Summer!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I have personally purchased from, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. ~ Brendan. If you have any questions about the links on this page, please email me!
1. Tatami Fightwear Zero G V4
One of the things that I love is the pants panels and the contrast stitching on this gi, but neither of those have anything to do with how awesomely lightweight it is. I really draw the line on lightweight when a gi is so lightweight that it starts to stretch out, but that isn't the case at all with the Tatami Zero G.
The 9oz double reinforced lightweight twill pants and lightweight 475gsm pearl weave jacket make it perfect for summer and hot weather BJJ training. The Zero G V4 is constructed so that the design, durability, and fit across all sizes is the best it can be. The Zero G V4 with jacket and pants weights 1.5kilo (A2 Mens) making it one a fantastic competition and daily Jiu Jitsu Gi.
- NEW! Striking Cobalt Blue contrast stitching throughout the GI
- NEW! Pants panels with diagonal stitching
- NEW! Competition fit for maximum advantage
- NEW! 9oz double reinforced lightweight twill cotton pants
- NEW Zero G V4 branding is strategically placed on the jacket shoulders, back of the neck and jacket and right thigh
- Zero G V4 brand patches are placed in areas complying to IBJJF GI standards, and adding a fantastic look to this NEW range of super light competition BJJ's GI's
- Jacket made from 475gsm Pearl Weave reinforced GI material
- Rubberised collar to stop moisture absorption during training and competition
- Collar covered in twill material for added durability
- Single piece jacket for reinforced strength and comfort
- 10oz heavy cotton stitching on ALL areas of the jacket and pants
2. Fuji Suparaito BJJ Gi
The Suparaito is definitely the lightest gi that I've ever worn from Fuji.
Perfect for weighing in (IBJJF approved), summer training, and hot weather BJJ training, the lightweight pearl weave jacket and ripstop pants made this one of my favorite gis last summer.
- Ultra lightweight – Perfect for making weight and hot weather training
- Lightweight pearl weave jacket
- Triple reinforced rip stop pants
- Stiff collar with extra rows of stitching
- Bungee cord drawstring
- Contrast stitching
- IBJJF approved
3. Fuji Lightweight Gi
The second lightest gi that I've ever worn from Fuji, the Fuji lightweight is a similar lightweight pearl weave jacket with a rubber collar. The cut is a tad different from the Suparaito (I prefer the Suparaito cut), but it's still solid for hot weather and summer bjj training.
- Lightweight pearl weave
- Rubber collar is lightweight and keeps the inside of the collar dry
- Preshrinking reduces overall shrinkage
- Manufactured with comfort and durability in mind
- Great for hot weather training and for weighing in at tournaments
- Same cut as other Fuji gis
- Made from 100% cotton
- Includes both jacket and pants (belt not included) and comes with 2 free Fuji patches
4. War Tribe Men's Poseidon Gi
- Sublimated Mesh Lining making it breathable and light weight
- 450 GSM Pearl weave using premium cotton fabric
- 10 ounce Cotton Ripstop pants, double reinforced stitching
- Direct embroidery on shoulder and pant leg
- Well built & extremely durable
5. Do or Die Hyperlyte
- Ultra lightweight
- Reinforced knees
- 250GSM Pearl Weave
- Updated Do or Die branding
- EVA Foam Collar
6. Hypnotik Interstellar BJJ Gi
- Limited edition
- 550gsm Pearl Weave, 100% cotton jacket
- 11oz twill, 100% cotton pants
- Fully sublimated Interstellar graphics and patches
- 3 times Pre shrunk washed Gi
- Free fully sublimated Interstellar graphic gi bag
7. Hayabusa Lightweight Pro
- Feels incredibly light
- Jacket is constructed with a 350-gsm pearl weave cotton
- 10oz. ripstop cotton-polyester blend pants for superior strength and durability
- Reinforced shoulder, arm pit, side slit
- Patches and embroidery on lapel, chest, arm, back and legs
BONUS: Gameness Air Gi
- Great Jiu Jitsu Gi for competition or training
- 350 Gram Pearl Weave BJJ Top with 8 oz Rip Stop Gi Pants
- IBJJF Approved
- One of the most popular jiu jitsu kimono's in the world
What other gi should be on our list? Are there any other lightweight / summer gis that you love? Post them up below!