The Ouano lightweight is made from 100% cotton and has a pretty thick lapel for a lightweight gi. The collar is made of EVA foam. The cotton is mercerized and sunforized which gives it a slight sheen. It also holds the color and it probably won’t shrink too much so make sure you order the size that is right for you.
Compare prices on your favorite BJJ gi brands at MMA Warehouse!
Albino & Preto Gi Reviews
**Contributor Reviews are located in the comments section at the bottom**
**Please add your review to the comments below!**
Albino & Preto Bio
The Albino & Preto brand is currently being headed up by Bear from Shoyoroll. Their first gi, given the picture below, appears to be a white gi (they’ve also added a black gi, as seen in the top image) with a green contrast similar to the original Lucky gis and the Subculture Wasabi.
Many have speculated that Albino & Preto will be producing gis in a similar method to SYR, but nothing has been confirmed. As more information comes out, this page will be updated!
Albino & Preto Gi Images
The Shoyoroll Americana is one of the two Batch 10 gis from Shoyoroll. Like it’s partner, the Compadre, it is a 450g Gold Weave. It’s awesome for anytime training, but really great for summer training. Overall, it is blue with red adn white trim and made of 450g soft gold weave. The pants are 10oz cotton (drill) with a crotch made of the same gold weave material as the top.
The jacket is one piece and the collar is made of EVA foam. The contrast stitching on the blue gi is done in white and it seems really nice overall. It has the customary inner taping typical of Shoyoroll gis.
The Shoyoroll Americana pants are, as stated, made of 12 ounce drill cotton and have a 6 point loop with the stretchy rope drawstring. They have the same inner taping as the top.
Find the best gold weave BJJ gi brands at Amazon!
This Batch #10 gi, the Shoyoroll Compadre, is one of Shoyoroll’s sigature lightweight brazilian jiu jitsu gis. It marks the return of their 450g Gold Weave. It’s awesome for summer training and the color is white with brown and orange stitching and trim. As stated, the Shoyoroll Compadre jacket is made of 450gram soft gold weave. Pants are 12oz. drill cotton with the gold weave crotch.
The jacket is one piece and the collar is EVA foam. Again, stitching is orange and brown and the gi has nice, but reportedly very scratchy inner taping.
Compare prices on gold weave gis available at Amazon!
We are proud to release the much anticipated White Mamba Gi. The White Mamba gi is the second gi of the East vs. West Series of gi’s for Batch #8. We also feature some design work by artist by the name of John Smalls. This gi is made from our signature 450 lightweight pearl weave top and popular 12 oz rip stop pants. This is gi also comes with a limited edition gi bag. Enjoy!
Batch #8 – East vs. West Series 2 of 2.
Find your favorite pearl weave gi only at MMA Warehouse
The Yank was a part of Bath #8, along with the White Mamba and was limited edition. The top was lightweight 450 gram pearl weave and the pants are 12oz ripstop cotton pants. The top is a one-piece jacket with no back seam. It also contains an ipod/ID pocket and has an EVA foam colar. The white contrast stitching against the navy blue gi is pretty unique.
It was more of a tailored fit than other gis and the inner taping is, like all other SYR gis, custom. The pants, like I said, weigh less than a pound and feature the standard SYR stretchy rope drawstring, 6 point drawstring system, the same contrast color stitching and taping as the top.
Compare prices on the BJJ gis from Hypnotik, Tatami and more!
Venum Power Gi Reviews
**Contributor Reviews are located in the comments section at the bottom**
**Please add your review of this gi today!**
The Venum Power gi is a pretty cool gi. And its offered in the sand / tan color which sin’t very common. The jacket is one piece and is made in Brazil. It advertises itself as a strong training and competition gi, but not a ‘lightweight’ gi (See below that the Venum weighs 4-6lbs). The collar is fairly hard and the stitching appears to be solid. Like Koral, Venum gis don’t come with belts.
On a side note, they DO come with a sticker and a crazy “mini” gi that you have to see to believe.
Venum Power Gi Size Chart:
A0: 5’1″ – 5’3″ -less than 121pds
A1: 5’4 – 5’7″ -110/138 pds
A2: 5’8 – 5’10’ -139/187 pds
A3: 5’11”-6’2″ -165/209 pds
A4: 6’3″- 6’5″ -211/248 pds
A5: 6’5″/+++ -249/280 pds
A0 : 155/160 cm, less than 55 kgs
A1 : 161/170 cm, 50/63 kgs
A2 : 171/178 cm, 63/85 kgs
A3 : 179/188 cm, 75/95 kgs
A4 : 189/195cm, 96/113 kgs
A5 : 196/+++, 113/127 kgs
Venum Power Gi Weight
**The following weights are an approximation**
A1 – 4.2 lbs
A2 – 4.8 lbs
A3 – 5.0 lbs
A4 – 5.6 lbs
A5 – 5.8 lbs
For more details about the Venum Power Gi, click here
. (affiliate link
For more details about other Venum Gis, click here
. (affiliate link
When people complete gi reviews, you always have to wonder if they’ve washed the gi first or if it is fresh from the retailer.
In the following paragraphs, we’ll be covering a few different things people need to be aware of.
- How you can secure color on a brand-new non-white gi
- How you can shrink your gi
- How to wash your gi without shrinking it
- How you can ensure it lasts as long as possible
- How to get the funk and stink out of your gi
How to wash and shrink your BJJ gi (2017 Guide)
Before you start anything, make sure that you consult the washing guide on the manufacturer’s website. Lately, gi companies like DOM and X-Guard have included washing guides with their gis.
BJJ Belt: Whose is best?
This question pops up from time to time for various reasons.
Some people replace their bjj belt, some instructors are looking for bjj belts to buy for their students, and some students buy their own bjj belts.
While it isn’t a gi review necessarily, we’ll start by looking at what other people have to say about their bjj belt!
- My experience with HCK bjj belts has been good. I think they are a bit cheaper than the other brands as well, but I haven’t checked the prices lately.
- Don’t get Gameness, their bjj belts suck very much,
- I have a gameness bjj belt and one of my training partner comments on how bad it sucks every time we drill. it doesn’t stay tied for shit.
I just ordered an atama bjj belt to replace it with but i haven’t recieved it yet. i’ll give it a review after i’ve had a chance to try it out
- I have an HCK that is a little over a year old and has held up very well. I wash it fairly often also.
- I heard that War bjj belts are really nice and know alot of guys who like them
- War bjj belt are quite awesome. They are made of single weave gi material, super thick and durable and they stay tied pretty well. Spendy though at about $40
- I have a gameness white bjj belt. I can agree that it doesn’t stay tied for shit. I think I’ve decided to get an HCK. Between the recommendations here, and the cost, I’ll give it a try. Also, I like that it has the black sleeve for stripes in the future.
- I have a Sirius bjj belt and I love it. Good belt for a good price.
- I have a belt by Ronin Brand that I was less than enthused with initially, as it is thin and costs $5 (doesn’t imply that it’ll last), but it stays closed quite well and I have no complaints.
- When I had a school all I sold was gamesness stuff. I had a gameness bjj belt for a little as did everyone at my school, I never heard any complaints about them. But then again i can’t keep any bjj belt tied no matter what.
- I have no complaints with my Dragao bjj belt.
- I have a Kaizen bjj belt. It stays tied very well and is light and hangs well. Our school handed out OTM belts at our last promotion and they all were super stiff on everybody. They also used them for the colored bjj belt in a tournament and I couldn’t stand them.
- My gameness bjj belt is very nice. It’s just thick and stiff (even after washing) and won’t stay tied. Other then that, I don’t have any complaints. I can see it lasting a VERY long time.
- I currently have a Gameness white bjj belt and love it to death. Very high quality bjj belt.
- Koral is the best IMO. Thick, but supple, and stays tied well.
- Go with Koral. Only issue with them is their colors are more “pastel” than other brands.
- my blue and purple bjj belts are HCK. The thickness and width of the bjj belts is nice, but they don’t weigh much. That is my only complaint. I don’t care about whether it stays tied, I just want the biggest, heaviest belt I can get.
- I like Atama. Don’t get a Kieko – they never break in
- The new HCK bjj belts are the best. they have a black patch for stripes that is 6″ and has a white bar on the top and the bottom
- War bjj belts rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- When I had four stripes on my blue, the built in stripes on the HCK seemed to cause a lot of confusion. “How many stripes you got dood…6?” I heard it ALL the time. For a while I even covered them up with electrical tape.
- I find that Gamness is over priced and not that well made in general.
- the fuji bjj belts are pretty cheap (price wise) and mine stays tight for a good percent of the practice.
- atama belts are great. otm bjj belts are pretty good too. Often students wear the same kind of bjj belt that the instructor wears.
- Heres a vote for Koral…..I love mine
For more details on each of the bjj belts listed, Click here. (affiliate link)
- I like my Atama. Stays tied pretty well and lookd good too.
- Atama bjj belts are a good solid standard. I’ve heard HCK bjj belts are good. Vulkans are my favorite shades.
- Thought I remember some guys custom designing bjj belts… I hear Mizuno makes a good belt. I’m thinking about buying a Koral this time. My Atama did not hold up the way I wanted it to. When I got my purple bjj belt Cesar didn’t even have one! He told me to order it online. Everyone is telling me to get a good one this time. The bjj belt that I am getting today is not good quality…
- Mizuno is a cotton / satin combo
- I have a custom bjj belt from Vogel and it’s dynamite.
- Renzo bjj Belt – thinner and not as wide, very soft. Looks like a spit wad when its knotted up.
Fuji – Standard width, thickness. This is the bjj belt I received when I got my blue. It is a pastel blue, I just did not feel the right “Raca” with this.
HCK – I just got this. I think the Black Bar is a little too big, but otherwise, nice stiffness, deep blue color, and feels like it will last a long time.
- I have a war bjj belt too. It’s the best belt I’ve had but I just don’t think it’s worth the price. I’ll probably get something else when I get promoted.
- If you are into big and bulky belt, OTM is really good.
- I don’t think I heard anybody mention the Mizuno bjj Belt. My coach has the cotton/satin one. It ties nicely and looks cool. My buddy who just got his black gave me a brown that was too big for him. Now I have two. I think I’ll get one more to odden things up.
BJJ Belt: Any that we missed?
Want to add your opinion to the discussion?
Comment below or on our Facebook Wall!!
There you have it folks. Opinions are all over the place. Regardless of love or hate, Gameness and HCK are the most popular here. If you’re ever interested in grabbing a new bjj belt of your own, Click here. (affiliate link)